What I’m working on
Little update today, friends!
Due to deleting all the GHOST PORTAL novels from Wattpad, I also lost all the blurbs for the books… so I’ve been working on rewriting those. Here’s the one I’ve been stuck with so far:
“That haunted house you entered a few years ago. You barely survived that, yes?”
Jessamine, a dancer with a traumatizing past, uses music as her therapy to forget what happened to her three years ago. She’s mostly moved on with her life—until greedy paranormal investigator Avery stumbles upon her story, and comes knocking on her door, begging to visit the location that terrified her into silence. The adventure-hungry and truth-seeking man soon finds out that only Jessamine knows the exact coordinates—and she refuses to give them to him, to protect him.
But as Avery conducts his own investigation without her help, all the while seducing and wooing her into spilling some of her spooky secrets, he realizes there’s a deeper meaning to what occurred to her in the haunted house she so sorely declines to share with him. And instead of being deterred and afraid, he pushes her more, desperate to uncover what sort of creatures dwell in the house, paralyzing her so.
His pushing leads to answers neither of them were ready to receive, and entwines their destinies in a terrifying tangle that will change their lives—forever.
What do you think?
ALSO, hoping to revamp the covers, and was wondering… what would you, the readers, like to see as the cover of a book going with the above blurb? What would prompt you to pick this up in a store/online and read the back? Ghost Portal isn’t, though the title implies it, about ghosts; it’s more about the potential for after-life, portals in haunted houses, benevolent beings guiding spirits to their after-lives, and evil creatures locked in basements. It follows Jessamine & Avery, who definitely (SPOILER ALERT) develop a romantic attraction, and shows how their fates are linked, but not in a good way. Paranormal mystery romance, I guess?
For reference, this was the initial cover, but I don’t really like it anymore:
YOUR INPUT IS VALUED! Feel free to drop a comment and let me know!
Hi friends! If you’re here, you must be curious. Right?
I’m swamped with things to do, now that I’ve received a ton of incredible advice from my friends on TikTok. Let me tell you, the BookTok community and the author/writer community there is insanely wonderful and readily available to help, especially us indie authors. I’ve been so, so happily surprised at the response I received on several of my videos.
Are you following me on TikTok?! Because I post often & chat about my struggles & promote my work there; click here to find me 🙂
Anyway, on to what I’m working on (since that’s why you ventured to this page):
- promotion for CARNIVOROUS CUPID. I’ve made a list of readers/authors who mentioned they were interested in reviewing the novel in exchange for a free copy… but ALSO received messages and comments from peeps who already bought or wanted to buy the novel to support me! Now I get to put that list in order, and wait for pay-day to start sending copies/e-copies out…
- waiting for feedback from beta readers for WILD CARD. My novella WILD CARD should be coming out in a few months (maybe sooner?) and I have a wonderful team of readers checking it out for me at this time. If you’re interested in signing up for a potential ARC, see my sign-up page!
- waiting for feedback from beta readers for POISONOUS PSYCHE. The sequel in the ANGRY GREEK GODS series is ready for review! I’ve started sending it to my awesome team of beta readers, and am excited to hear back from them. I expect/hope to release POISONOUS PSYCHE toward the end of this year or in January 2023. I’ll be setting up a sign-up for ARC’s shortly!
- writing the second spin-off in the GOLDEN UNIVERSE. YES, I’m working on Cordelia’s spin-off, AT LAST! It’ll have 30 chapters, and I just finished chapter 10 yesterday. It’s a LOT of work, but I’m loving writing from her point-of-view.
- querying for GHOST PORTAL + preparing for eventual self-publishing. I’m putting up a message on Wattpad today to notify all readers that I’ll be removing this story so I can focus on publishing it! I’m awaiting responses from two queries I submitted for PitMad, and if they come back negative, then I’ll be re-working the covers for the series and starting my search for beta readers! I’ll set up a sign-up when the time comes ♥
- posting EXPLICIT on Wattpad. I’ve only got 4 chapters left! Brainstorming has already begun for book 3, but I’m unsure when I’ll be able to write it.
- (im)patiently waiting for the WATTY’s to end. I submitted THE GOLDEN FLOWER, VANISHED, A BRAZEN MAIDEN, and ILLICIT to this enormous Wattpad contest, and once the results are out, I’ll know more about what I’d like to do with those novels!
DAMN, I’m a busy bee, aren’t I? I wish I could say that this doesn’t happen often, but… it does. As a multi-genre writer with an overactive imagination, I NEVER STOP. Help.
Take care ♥