What I’m working on
I’M WORKING ON A NEWSLETTER, I PROMISE
• POISONOUS PSYCHE is out!! Yay!! Readers (all three of them, lol) have enjoyed so far, a few going as far as saying it was better than Cupid! WHAT!!!!
• The 3rd book in the Angry Greek Gods series, titled — HAHAHAHA you’ll know the title if you read POISONOUS PSYCHE!!! Anyway… I’m in the near-final stages of editing it! It’s a mess of a plot, so I can’t wait to have beta readers make sure it makes sense; but it’s thrilling and takes the gore to a new level and includes a lot more — gasp! — SPICE. (insert fire emojis here!!!!)
• PAINTED LADY, the sequel to WILD CARD, is ready for beta-reading! I’m still recruiting readers, as I only have a handful right now, so if you’re interested, let me know! It’s a 41,000 word novella, with a new POV, new adventures, and with more political intrigue, and more details on the world of Efura. It was exciting to write — and as I was editing it, I finally came up with the plots for books 4 and 5!! AHHH I’ve been sitting on those for too long! (Book 3’s plot was done a while back, thankfully). I cannot WAIT to write the rest of this series, and more so now that I know how it’ll end!!!
• GHOST PORTAL has been sent off to beta readers! (BITING MY NAILS NOW). It’s a book I’m extremely proud of and also immensely upset with. I’ve revised it and rewritten it so many times and have never been fully satisfied with it, yet I LOVE the characters and LOVE the setting. Fingers crossed my beta readers enjoy it!!!!
• If you follow me on TikTok and/or Wattpad, you’ll know that I recently came up with a new story from a dream I had. It was a weird one (I’m prone to those) but it stuck with me and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. It’s a post-apocalyptic, post-pandemic, paranormal-ish horror with potential spice, adventure, violence—you name it, it’ll probably be in there. I requested help from my Wattpad friends/readers for the title, and we have: PARADISE PARADOX for the first book, and ISLAND ILLUSIONS for the second. Yes, this will be a duology! The MC’s are two college-goers who get wrapped up in a seriously screwed up situation, and things go haywire pretty quickly. In my dream, both of these characters were POC, and I decided to keep them that way—hopefully I do them justice. They’re both fierce in their own way—one is very science-based, the other more of a head-in-the-clouds agnostic accepting person. And one is bisexual (look at me writing SO many bi characters since I came out as Pan!! you go, Steph) and I believe there’s a trans character and— OK enough spilling for now, I haven’t even written this thing yet! The aesthetics are up on my Wattpad account 🙂
• I’ve started writing book 3 in the Steamy Forbidden Romance series, COMPLICIT! Ugh, this series gets a bunch of backlash as it deals with adultery, but let me tell you, it’s been a blast to write. I’m really excited to conclude it. It’s meant a lot to me—finally liberating myself and writing things I’ve been scared to write for so many years!! How wonderful, right?
• I’m working on making merchandise!!! And plan to sell copies of my old, not-so-well formatted versions of CARNIVOROUS CUPID and WILD CARD. Signed, of course! ♥
Looks like this page is becoming something of a monthly update page (wow, maybe I should just cave and start a newsletter?!)
First off — CARNIVOROUS CUPID & WILD CARD are now both available on Barnes & Nobles’ website!!!! Yes, this is what happens when you distribute through Ingram (basically automatic) but for me, it’s a HUGE step. And one step closer to the ultimate dream of seeing my novels in stores — physically.
I have my mom to thank for this — she gifted me a bundle of 20 ISBN’s for Christmas, and sent them to me early. OH YOU KNOW I took advantage of this, and switched over my Amazon ISBN’s for these new, shiny, flashy ones — THAT ARE MINE. How exhilarating, I tell you.
ANYWAY, on to the updates:
• POISONOUS PSYCHE is now up for pre-sale on Amazon! Only the e-book, right now, but the paperback will be available somewhere around the official release date of JANUARY 3rd 2022! AHHHH, can you tell how stoked I am?! I’m waiting for the final proof copy to arrive, and I can’t wait to hold it in my hands. I never thought I’d get this far in writing this series, and I honestly didn’t think anyone would like Poisonous Psyche — but turns out, my betas & editor LOVED it. I’m so excited to share it with you all.
• still writing the 3rd book in the series — I was a little delayed during NaNoWriMo (which I won, of course) but am back on track now. I’m getting to the really crazy parts — like when we’re about to possibly find out who the culprit is!!!!!!! — and it’s hard to stop writing at the end of the day. I want to finish it all now!!
• I’ve been revising/rewriting GHOST PORTAL, prepping it for beta-readers. A comment from an agent/publishing house stuck with me: that dialogues were too stiff, and descriptions a little lacking. So I’ve been combing through to fix this, and ended up deciding to just revise the whole thing! I *hope* to be done before the end of the year, so I can recruit betas & send it out to them — hopefully to publish this damn book in March 2022. Ghost Portal is the first book I ever completed, and it has a soft spot in my heart ♥
• My Watty’s Shortlisted novel A BRAZEN MAIDEN did not, unfortunately, win a Watty. Which has caused me to review the entire series & its status — do I want to publish it? Will Wattpad publish it? Or should I go indie with this one, too? Lots of thinking to do — but in the meantime, I’m still updating Cordelia’s spin-off on Mondays & Thursdays.
• I’ll soon start revisions on Wild Card’s sequel, PAINTED LADY! I can’t wait to re-read/review this 2nd novella in the series, as it switches the POV to someone else, and new adventures await! From the response I’ve gotten so far for Wild Card — fairly positive, with 4 & 5 star ratings — I’m super stoked to share the continuation of the story (which means I actually have to finish plotting books 4 & 5, and actually write book 3… oh dear)
• I’ve been considering bringing back my sci-fi-ish novel HOME and revising it completely. It failed everywhere I put it — on Wattpad, on Patreon, with agents & publishers while querying. I set it aside and didn’t think I’d ever want to work on it again… but I’ve had a change of heart. I loved writing that series, but maybe I need to re-brand it? I thought it was sci-fi, but maybe it’s more fantasy, or more paranormal. What do you think? The story of a young woman who dies and finds out one of the options that can happen after death — you become an “author” and basically watch over humans and their choices, to see where they’ll lead them. And she’s set to become one such author, but the thing is, she isn’t actually dead — she’s in a coma, and has limited time to visit this weird after-life before she wakes and forgets it all. So I plan to revise most of the story, but the plot will remain generally the same. The reason I’d put it under sci-fi was because this after-life was on another planet, navigating through space to hunt down other planets that it could oversee. But maybe it’s time for a re-brand? And also, I wrote it in 1st person/present tense; I’m thinking of switching to 3rd person/past tense, to make it easier. ANYWAY… this won’t happen for a while, as I have five million other tasks on my plate, first… but I’m nervous and eager to get to it. This story needs to be read! ♥
All my best to you ♥
Hi friends! Long time, no update! Apologies — my day-job is hectic and I barely have a chance to catch my breath at the end of every day. Dealing with supreme stress and struggling with book sales — not fun.
Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? I am, of course. I’ve already gotten to 27K words written in the 3rd novel in my VANISHED series, DISPERSED. It’s a bit of a mess; but that’s what first drafts are supposed to be like, right?
Aside from that, here’s what I’m working on now:
• writing the 3rd book in the ANGRY GREEK GODS series whenever I have a moment. Already halfway through and loving it. I can’t wait to share some excerpts with you.
• eagerly waiting for my final beta-reader to return her edits/notes for POISONOUS PSYCHE, so I can hurry and get everything fixed & formatted and ready for pre-sales! I know you’re all waiting (like, all 10 of you, maybe?!) for the continuation of the story, and let me tell you; the betas LOVED it and wanted more! I’m super excited for this release at the end of the year, or early next year!
• preparing to seriously request beta readers for GHOST PORTAL. Once P.Psyche is good to go, I’ll be reaching out to any who signed up for GHOST PORTAL beta-reading, and seeing if anyone else is interested! Things will be a little different for this series, as I’m planning to try publishing it through Ingram Spark, instead of Amazon. I really want to see this—and all my novels, of course—on bookshelves and not restricted to Amazon.
• trying (and failing) to save money to buy a bulk of ISBN’s so I can start converting all my works to MY OWN. But they’re expensive $$$$ and I’m poor (ok not poor but I’m unable to save ANYTHING)
• preparing to review/rewrite the second novella in the SUITS series; it’s written, but will need edits based on beta-reading from WILD CARD.
• OH — MY GOODNESS — how did I forget?!?!
WILD CARD RELEASES ON 11/15/21!!!!!!!!
Gosh, I’m so excited for this! My betas loved it, and I somehow did a decent job with the cover creation, and so far it’s received decent reviews from a handful of my ARC readers. This little novella about dimensional travel and adventure is something I’m super proud of and super anxious to see out in the real world!!! See its page on my website for more details ♥
There we have it, friends! These are more or less my priorities, but that’s not to say I’m not working on 50,000 other things at the same time; because this is what I do.
Much love to all ♥
Little update today, friends!
Due to deleting all the GHOST PORTAL novels from Wattpad, I also lost all the blurbs for the books… so I’ve been working on rewriting those. Here’s the one I’ve been stuck with so far:
“That haunted house you entered a few years ago. You barely survived that, yes?”
Jessamine, a dancer with a traumatizing past, uses music as her therapy to forget what happened to her three years ago. She’s mostly moved on with her life—until greedy paranormal investigator Avery stumbles upon her story, and comes knocking on her door, begging to visit the location that terrified her into silence. The adventure-hungry and truth-seeking man soon finds out that only Jessamine knows the exact coordinates—and she refuses to give them to him, to protect him.
But as Avery conducts his own investigation without her help, all the while seducing and wooing her into spilling some of her spooky secrets, he realizes there’s a deeper meaning to what occurred to her in the haunted house she so sorely declines to share with him. And instead of being deterred and afraid, he pushes her more, desperate to uncover what sort of creatures dwell in the house, paralyzing her so.
His pushing leads to answers neither of them were ready to receive, and entwines their destinies in a terrifying tangle that will change their lives—forever.
What do you think?
ALSO, hoping to revamp the covers, and was wondering… what would you, the readers, like to see as the cover of a book going with the above blurb? What would prompt you to pick this up in a store/online and read the back? Ghost Portal isn’t, though the title implies it, about ghosts; it’s more about the potential for after-life, portals in haunted houses, benevolent beings guiding spirits to their after-lives, and evil creatures locked in basements. It follows Jessamine & Avery, who definitely (SPOILER ALERT) develop a romantic attraction, and shows how their fates are linked, but not in a good way. Paranormal mystery romance, I guess?
For reference, this was the initial cover, but I don’t really like it anymore:
YOUR INPUT IS VALUED! Feel free to drop a comment and let me know!
Hi friends! If you’re here, you must be curious. Right?
I’m swamped with things to do, now that I’ve received a ton of incredible advice from my friends on TikTok. Let me tell you, the BookTok community and the author/writer community there is insanely wonderful and readily available to help, especially us indie authors. I’ve been so, so happily surprised at the response I received on several of my videos.
Are you following me on TikTok?! Because I post often & chat about my struggles & promote my work there; click here to find me 🙂
Anyway, on to what I’m working on (since that’s why you ventured to this page):
- promotion for CARNIVOROUS CUPID. I’ve made a list of readers/authors who mentioned they were interested in reviewing the novel in exchange for a free copy… but ALSO received messages and comments from peeps who already bought or wanted to buy the novel to support me! Now I get to put that list in order, and wait for pay-day to start sending copies/e-copies out…
- waiting for feedback from beta readers for WILD CARD. My novella WILD CARD should be coming out in a few months (maybe sooner?) and I have a wonderful team of readers checking it out for me at this time. If you’re interested in signing up for a potential ARC, see my sign-up page!
- waiting for feedback from beta readers for POISONOUS PSYCHE. The sequel in the ANGRY GREEK GODS series is ready for review! I’ve started sending it to my awesome team of beta readers, and am excited to hear back from them. I expect/hope to release POISONOUS PSYCHE toward the end of this year or in January 2023. I’ll be setting up a sign-up for ARC’s shortly!
- writing the second spin-off in the GOLDEN UNIVERSE. YES, I’m working on Cordelia’s spin-off, AT LAST! It’ll have 30 chapters, and I just finished chapter 10 yesterday. It’s a LOT of work, but I’m loving writing from her point-of-view.
- querying for GHOST PORTAL + preparing for eventual self-publishing. I’m putting up a message on Wattpad today to notify all readers that I’ll be removing this story so I can focus on publishing it! I’m awaiting responses from two queries I submitted for PitMad, and if they come back negative, then I’ll be re-working the covers for the series and starting my search for beta readers! I’ll set up a sign-up when the time comes ♥
- posting EXPLICIT on Wattpad. I’ve only got 4 chapters left! Brainstorming has already begun for book 3, but I’m unsure when I’ll be able to write it.
- (im)patiently waiting for the WATTY’s to end. I submitted THE GOLDEN FLOWER, VANISHED, A BRAZEN MAIDEN, and ILLICIT to this enormous Wattpad contest, and once the results are out, I’ll know more about what I’d like to do with those novels!
DAMN, I’m a busy bee, aren’t I? I wish I could say that this doesn’t happen often, but… it does. As a multi-genre writer with an overactive imagination, I NEVER STOP. Help.
Take care ♥